It's inevitable, it's coming, it's change! The only way to ever move through life. Sometimes we embrace it willingly and feel completely in control. Other times it seems like a bunch of random, and scary events get pieced together to make some kind of new, uncharted direction for us to head in. I have been looking for change to get me out of my well-worn rut, and while some of what is going on was very much unexpected, and out of the blue. That's life, adding a dash of the spice of variety to keep us interested and tuned in. Change seems more manageable when you will be experiencing it with others (misery loves company--just joking!) Change is the recipe to get things moving and start new chapters for us. It gives us something to look ahead to.
A small tweak for me tonight is that I'm piping my latest playlist into my noggin as I type, honestly can't think why I have not done this before, but I am going to see if it helps the creative process! I have a good mix going on, so I won't get used to one tempo or genre while I am tapping away.
I have been buying into a philosophy that you get what you put in, back out. I have been doing small "experiments" with myself in certain situations lately. Mostly it involves going with my intuitive first thought, and trying to not overthink. I discovered I am more honest than I thought I was. I guess Honesty Day really did ring true with me at a core level, it is a value I want to express more often. Some of the truths I have uncovered at my centre have been acknowledged by myself, but for various reasons will have to be on the back burner for the time being. Life is such a busy and rich experience that I cannot hope to address all of the little gems and nuggets I have mined from the depths of my being. I have been toying with the idea of a separate blog to address matters from the heart and mind. I have a notebook that has tons of ideas, and don't really want to hold back on them. I am hoping by having change in certain aspects of my life, that it will enable me to see how changes elsewhere could also be beneficial.
A change I made for myself was getting a new phone and vehicle. I have always gone with the sensible, reasonable choice when getting either of these two items. This time around I wanted in on the ground floor of something new in the tech department, so bit the bullet and ordered the S6. No regrets, and the fun of learning and using something new has been nothing but amazing. In the past I would have "talked" myself out of it, thinking I don't need it, or it's for someone who makes more moolah than me. In essence, I would have thought I wasn't good enough to deserve it. I work hard, I pay for my own fun, to and me having the phone isn't hurting anyone else. Hurray for me!
I had been telling myself that I was going to get another vehicle, as the one I had was serviceable, but truthfully, was too small for for my needs. I bought it to be practical at that point in time. The vehicle I kept finding myself attracted to was a fair bit bigger, and nicer, and more expensive. Again, something inside me had always held me back.
Until the day I actually bought my current dream vehicle, I had never owned a vehicle with a price tag over $8,000. I was always fearful I would not be able to afford it. I could tell my frame of mind was different this time around, as I did not fret about getting financing, or anything of the sort. My new to me vehicle was more than twice as much as the previous most expensive vehicle I had owned.
I was embracing change, and seeing how sweet it could be. I'm hoping by making what seems like material or superficial changes it will inspire me to change more inside, and I think I am starting down that path. I'm asking myself, why shouldn't I do things that make me happy? After all, I am the only one responsible for me, and how I feel, so I am grabbing control of that.
Life is not meant to be lived by how others judge and dictate, and doing so is not living. It is just following and trusting. We all have our own journey to embark upon, and for myself I want to properly set out to do just that. No justifications or explanations. I just want to be inspired to see that change shouldn't be feared, it really can be good!
That's great, Jen! Glad you didn't get an Apple! I'm sure YOU will be glad too.
ReplyDelete