Taking a look around, I see I have been neglecting to post anything new. Oops and damn. I could sit to write a slew of (reasonable) excuses as to why this is, but instead I will focus on the fact that I have a nice, new to me device to write my natterings on! I loved the laptop I used to use, my through abuse and time it was getting harder to use it. My impulsive son accidentally cracked the screen eons ago, and as the cost to replace it was prohibitive, I made do by connecting the laptop to a flat screen monitor. It was a solution, but not a practical one, as it made the laptop a lot less portable with the tether! My youngest made a game of prying the key covers off of the letters. I knew which letters, but it made the whole typing experience inconsistent. My fingers would be tapping along, and would suddenly drop whenever W, E, G, C, & V were involved. My only solace at the retirement of my Acer is that all it's innards are still working, and I am sure my computer guy will mine out whatever can be re-used or recycled. That's my next project, taking all of my electronic baggage from the now former Acer and loading it into this one! I will be doing an e-cleaning of sorts, deciding what crap is really worthy of being brought over. I already e-mailed myself my work in progress (Terminal 125). I need notes and outlines of the numerous other ideas my mind has cooked up for me to work on. I also have tons of music files, some stuff that was hard enough to track down the first time. All the newer stuff can be imported (thanks, iTunes!) Photos are another huge item, as I have years worth that have been moved from system to system. Who needs photo albums anymore? Just keep them on the hard drive and retrieve them for viewing whenever.
I am hoping I can now get into the flow of things. It is amazing how much more I believe I can accomplish now that I have the right device. I can do some things from my smartphone, but writing out anything longer than a paragraph would be logistical nightmare. Not sure if I even have the storage space to attempt that! I have been putting a bit more time and effort into getting Terminal 125 finished. The idea was rooted in an unfinished dream I had. I am now trying to get an ending to finish it. I have at least three more big ideas I would like to put some time and attention into. It is again, all about getting myself back into the flow of things. I have also been looking for something I can do for a fuzzy feel good! My last big effort was just a little too long ago for my liking. To that end I have taken a first step and sent an e-mail to the local community services about the possibility of volunteering in a literacy or ESL capacity. They have stated that experience isn't necessary, just a willingness to learn and commitment of time and personal knowledge. I think my hesitance to offer my services stemmed from the thought that I had no real experience to offer. If the community services folks are willing to take me as is, then what the hell, I"m in! It may be a cool way to meet new people, and I am sure I am going to learn just as much as anyone I may help.
I admit I always thought I was content in my little rut. After all life is flowing along okay. I have no real hardships: I have the roof over my head, the job to go to, enough to eat, and so on, and so forth. I realize that I have to do more for me to allow myself to see what I am really made of. It is easy to have good thoughts and intentions. Putting those into a kinetic state takes focus and energy to get things rolling. I no longer wish to be fearful or apprehensive of the unknown. I want to try something different to gain another perspective.
I also hope that in the course of working on my various writings that my research will lead me down other interesting paths. (After all, my characters aren't me, so I will need to learn things so I can write more realistically about their adventures, plights, and experience.)
To skeptics, go ahead and scoff, but two or three years ago, I did an online chart of my life and let the website do their "calculations". According to the read-out, I did not have luck and prosperity on my side during that phase of my life. It told me that starting in 2015, all that was going to change and that I would then have luck and prosperity on my side for the rest of my life! My response at that time was one of --from what perspective? I could think of several instances where I felt prosperous and lucky. I decided then that if my life was a have-not at that point, then changing my perspective, being in tune with the frequencies I was emitting and receiving, maybe this whole luck and prosperity thing really was just a matter of taking the right perspective. This is where I am now.
ESL's easy. Lemme know if I can help in any way. Good luck with this!
ReplyDelete